Oracle Policy Modeling tool uses Microsoft Word or Excel to write, compile and create rulebase. So creating such rule documents is a really important step while you do the policy automation process. Like explained in creating sample rulebase using OPM it’s a easy process however, some of the default settings in MS Word can cause trouble while editing and rule writing. Today I am going to make some changes in the settings to solve this problem. Follow this steps and enjoy hassle free rule writing process.
Change MS Word Autocorrect settings for Oracle Policy Modeling
Go to Word Options,
Now select Proofing->Autocorrect Options->Autocorrect tab;
Make sure that you;
- Uncheck Capitalize first letter of sentences
- Uncheck Capitalize first letter of table cells
- Uncheck Replace text as you type.
Similarly in this AutoFormat As You Type tab;
- Uncheck “Straight quotes” with “smart quotes”
- Uncheck Automated bulleted lists
- Uncheck Automatic numbered lists
- Uncheck Format the beginning of list item like the one before it
- Uncheck Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces
- Uncheck Define styles based on your formatting
You are all set now. Now this settings are not done only for the OPA session of the word instead it will come to effect through out the word package. So next time when you use Word for non OPA purpose please check these ‘unchecked’ options if needed.
Hope you liked the post. Please like us on Facebook and subscribe to free email newsletters so you wont miss any posts. Feel free to leave some comments. Thank you for reading.